Interested in joining Friends of the Earth Malta as a full-time volunteer? Through this project funding we are offering opportunities to young people from different countries opportunities to volunteer for one year in Malta through the European Solidarity Corps.
Friends of the Earth Malta (FoEM) is currently looking for the following volunteering positions:
These position are part of the European Solidarity Corp (ERASMUS+/ESC) volunteering scheme for 12 months, ideally starting from August 2022, although this can be negotiable. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed as part of the ESC programme.
The volunteers will be involved in FoEM work and will be able to grow their interest and expertise in the relevant field. FoEM will offer the volunteer a unique opportunity to carry on an innovative set of tasks, allowing the volunteer to share their creativity and experience as part of the volunteering scheme.
The candidate should have at least a degree level of education. Knowledge of EU affairs and experience with EU projects will be considered an asset.
- Aged 18-30 (ESC requirement)
- A citizen of one of the partner or programme countries (ESC requirement – preferably from Hungary, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey though other countries may be assessed on one to one basis)
- Academic background in fields relevant to the specific calls
- Strong interest in environment and sustainability topics
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
The European Solidarity Corps programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Floriana, or with host families
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport to/from Malta, up to a certain limit
- Monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
- In case of disabilities, funding is available for support (e.g. interpreters)
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Monday 1st May 2023. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) the following week. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practices.