Opportunities to take part in an internship with Friends of the Earth Malta are sometimes available. They will be published here but you can also submit a speculative application. We look for motivated, driven young people, who want to apply their skills to a cause they are passionate about while working with international networks and grassroots volunteers.
- Minimum length of the internship is 6 months, 15 hours/week.
- Applicants under the Local Internship Opportunity should be Maltese Residents (with a Maltese ID card). Other applicants can apply under the other Internship Opportunities.
- The Local Internship Opportunity is open to applicants aged 16-30.
- Applicants are eligible for a €50 financial stipend per week.
- Applicants have the opportunity to join an activist training programme at a training centre in Spain, expenses covered.
- Tasks: we are currently primarily looking for interns to assist with communications work (social media, campaign materials, newsletter, website, photography) and events organising, but welcome other prospective applications (kindly specify background and ideal area of work).
- Applicants will gain work experience with project management and environmental campaigning.
- Applicants should be ready to be flexible and autonomous in their work. Kindly note that due to the Covid pandemic we work remotely on certain days of the week, and this can also be permanently the case.
What does an internship with FoE Malta offer:
- The opportunity to work with both international networks and grassroots volunteer. You will get to work with and organize events for a motivated team of volunteers.
- A hands-on experience of the work done by a small but energic team to drive change in mentalities, institutions and policies.
- A collaborative and friendly working environment.
- A multifaceted experience: from organising events, promoting campaigns, and amending policies to growing veggies in the community garden, you will get to do a bit of everything!
How to apply?
Please fill in this form. You can include your CV and a motivation letter. In your letter, make sure you include why you are interested to apply, what you feel you might bring to the team and what your areas of interest/missions are.
Local internship application
We receive many applications and might not be able to answer favourably to your request, but we appreciate your interest.