I have completed a 6-month internship at Friends of the Earth Malta. It was a wonderful experience and gave me...
Opportunities to take part in an internship with Friends of the Earth Malta are sometimes available. They will be published here but you can also submit a speculative application. We look for motivated, driven young people, who want to apply their skills to a cause they are passionate about while working with international networks and grassroots volunteers.
Kindly understand that all positions are unpaid. We are unfortunately unable to cover your expenses. Therefore, financial autonomy is necessary.
- Minimum length of the internship is 6 month.
- As Malta is an English speaking country, written and spoken English level should be intermediate to fluent (B2 – C2 according to the EU framework). You do not need to speak Maltese.
- Applicants should either be studying in a graduate-level course (first cycle of University) or should have graduated from one. Studies should ideally be in the social, economic, environmental or political sciences.
- We welcome International, European or Maltese applicants without any regards to their nationality.
- Applicants should be ready to be flexible and autonomous in their work. Kindly note that due to the Covid pandemic we work remotely on certain days of the week, and this can also be permanently the case.
What can your missions be:
We might need support in diverse areas such as communications, policy support, project support, events organising, IT, etc… Feel free to suggest if you feel your area of expertise can fit in the work we do.
What does an internship with FoE Malta offers:
- The opportunity to work with both international networks and grassroots volunteer. You will get to work with and organize events for a motivated team of volunteers.
- A hands-on experience of the work done by a small but energic team to drive change in mentalities, institutions and policies.
- A collaborative and friendly working environment.
- A multifaceted experience: from organising events, promoting campaigns, and amending policies to growing veggies in the community garden, you will get to do a bit of everything!
Experiences of previous interns with Friends of the Earth Malta
Thanks to the Erasmus + Traineeship Programme I had the opportunity to support the FoEM team in running its work...
How to apply?
You can contact send us your CV and motivation letter. In your letter, make sure you include the length of stay, what you feel you might bring to the team and what your areas of interest/missions are.
You can send this to email@example.com. If it is a speculative application, please use “speculative application for an internship position” as a subject line. If you are answering a call for interest, use the title of the position in the call.
Alternatively, you can fill in this form.
We receive many applications and might not be able to answer favourably to your request, but we appreciate your interest.