Friends of the Earth Malta (FoEM) is looking for a Community Building and Fundraising Volunteer as part of our operations team. This is a European Solidarity Corp (ERASMUS+/ESC) volunteering for up to 8 months, ideally starting in October 2023, although this can be negotiated. You will be working in collaboration with the FoE Malta team and will be line-managed by the Operations Manager. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed as part of the ESC programme.
We are looking for a Community Building and Fundraising Volunteer to support FoEM in securing resources to deliver impactful campaigns on today’s most pressing environmental and social justice issues. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an environmental justice NGO working that is part of a vibrant European network.
- Support with the planning and organising of FoEM events and workshops.
- Support with the implementation of a fundraising strategy and internal policies.
- Support with research into campaign funding, project ideation, development and writing.
- Support to build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and communities.
- Participate in FoE Europe network meetings.
- General tasks related to the day-to-day running of the organisation that can be of interest to the volunteer
The candidate should have at least a degree level of education. Knowledge of EU affairs and experience with EU projects will be considered an asset.
- Aged 18-30 (ESC requirement)
- A citizen of one of the programme countries
- Organisational skills when developing fundraising timelines
- Successful experience in fundraising for grassroots campaigns
- Have excellent writing skills
- Strong interest in environmental and sustainability topics
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
The European Solidarity Corps programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Floriana
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport to/from Malta, up to a certain limit
- Monthly allowance
- Private health insurance
- In case of disabilities, funding is available for support (e.g. interpreters)
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Monday 15th Sep 2023. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) the following week. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practices.