Are you interested in environmental and social justice and want to learn more about ecological NGOs?
We are waiting for you to join our team as an intern!
We are looking for a motivated, driven young person, who wants to apply their skills to a cause they are passionate about while gaining experience within an environmental NGO.
Kindly understand that this position is unpaid. We are unfortunately unable to cover your expenses. Therefore, financial autonomy is necessary.
The chosen applicant will be expected to help with the follow:
- Assistance in the communications team, including helping with archiving of articles, images from events and other basic tasks such as analysing market research data.
- Assistance during outreach events and festivals.
- Assisting with tasks in the a community garden, including during workshops and other public events.
- The minimum length of the internship is from 6 months, 35 hours/week.
- As Malta is an English speaking country, written and spoken English level should be intermediate to fluent (B2 – C2 according to the EU framework). You do not need to speak Maltese.
- Applicants should either be studying in a graduate-level course (first cycle of University) or should have graduated from one. Studies should ideally be in the social, economic, environmental or political sciences.
- We welcome International, European or Maltese applicants without any regards to their nationality.
- Applicants should be ready to be flexible and autonomous in their work. The tasks might include assistance with communications work (organising of images, some help with creating the web articles), light work in our community garden, etc.
What does an internship with FoE Malta offer:
- The opportunity to work with both international networks and grassroots volunteer. You will get to work with and organize events for a motivated team of volunteers.
- Applicants have the opportunity to join an activist training programme at a training centre in Spain, expenses covered.
- A hands-on experience of the work done by a small but energic team to drive change in mentalities, institutions and policies.
- A collaborative and friendly working environment.
- A multifaceted experience with project management and environmental campaigning.: from organising events, promoting campaigns, and amending policies to growing veggies in the community garden, you will get to do a bit of everything!
How to apply?
Please fill in this form. You can include your CV and a motivation letter. In your letter, make sure you include why you are interested to apply, what you feel you might bring to the team and what your areas of interest/missions are.