Friends of the Earth Malta (FoEM) is looking for a Nature, Agro-ecology and Food volunteer as part of our campaign team. This is a European Solidarity Corp (ERASMUS+/ESC) volunteering for up to 12 months, ideally starting from June 2023, although this can be negotiated. You will be working in collaboration with the FoE Malta team and will be line-managed by the Finance coordinator. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed as part of the ESC programme.
FoEM is involved in many activities and projects connected to the European Green Deal related to Green Finance, Sustainability and Circular Economy. The organisation actively contributes in this area, developing knowledge in a fundamental sector for a just transition. The volunteer will be involved in FoEM work and will be able to grow their interest and expertise in the field.
- Studies or graduation in Economy, Finance or Accountancy
- Strong Interest for environment and sustainability
- Knowledge of Green Finance and Circular Economy and Green Deal principles
- Understanding of ISO and EN standards
- Implement the Green Procurement of goods and services on the association purchases.
- Help Implementing the circularity, green procurement and green finance principles in the association’s financial statements and accountancy procedures
- Apply the principles of the European Green Deal in EU projects’ application and case studies
- Follow matters related to the development of Circular Economy, Green Finance and standards at ISO and EN level under the direction of the Financial Controller and liasing with international alliances (ECOS, Brussels)
- Any other tasks related with the association’s need that can be of interest of the volunteer
FoEM will offer to the volunteer a unique opportunity to carry on an innovative set of tasks, allowing some of the volunteer’s ideas, creativity and experience to be integrated into suggestions for the transition to a circular economy and green finance.
- The candidate should have at least a degree level of education in a related field of studies. Knowledge of EU affairs and experience with EU projects will be considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate should:
- Aged 18-30 (ESC requirement)
- Be fluent in English
- A citizen of one of the partner or programme countries (can also be living in Malta) (ESC requirement)
- Strong interest in environment and sustainability topics
- Activity planning and management skills
- Research skills in flora and fauna monitoring
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.The European Solidarity Corps programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Floriana
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport to/from Malta, up to a certain limit
- Monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
- In case of disabilities, funding is available for support (e.g. interpreters)
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Monday 29th of May 2023. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) the following week. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practices.