Friends of the Earth Malta (FoEM) is looking for a Climate Campaign Volunteer as part of our campaign team working on climate justice, energy and mobility. This is a European Solidarity Corp (ERASMUS+/ESC) volunteering position for up to 12 months, ideally starting from June 2023, although this can be negotiable. You will be working in collaboration with the FoE Malta team and will be line managed by the Climate Campaign Coordinator and the Director. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed as part of the ESC programme.
The FoEM Climate campaign encompasses various projects and campaigns, on the topics of climate justice, energy and mobility, which require support with their campaigning, communications and events organising. The volunteer will be involved in the FoEM Climate Campaign team and will be able to grow their interest and expertise in the field. FoEM will offer the volunteer a unique opportunity to carry on an innovative set of tasks, allowing the volunteer to share their creativity and experience.
You will be responsible for achieving the goals set for the duration of 12 months as part of our team, together with other staff members and volunteers. Due to the nature of our office environment, being dynamic and having a diverse set of skills is essential. Duties will include:
- Support with the implementation of the Climate Campaign Strategy and the projects falling under this campaign.
- Support with policy analysis, research and advocacy work as part of the Climate Campaign, on topics related to climate justice, energy and mobility.
- Support in the development of effective communication campaigns through social and traditional media for the Climate Campaign.
- Producing content for the Climate campaign for online media, including updating the FoE Malta website and other social media (Twitter, FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Assisting in writing press releases and statements and in generating coverage across traditional and new media for FoE Malta’s work.
- Preparing and distributing info materials at stalls, fairs, events and in other public activities to inform the general public about environmental issues in Malta and encouraging them to contribute as volunteers or supporters.
- Support with the organising and coordinating of events and keeping an accurate record for statistical and evaluation purposes.
- Support with general tasks related to the day-to-day running of the organisation that can be of interest of the volunteer.
The candidate should have at least a degree level of education. Knowledge of environmental issues and climate change will be considered an asset, as will knowledge of EU affairs and experience with EU projects.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Be aged 18-30 (ESC requirement)
- Be fluent in English.
- A citizen of one of the partner or programme countries (can be already living in Malta)
- Have organisational skills when developing campaign plans and timelines and communication and dissemination plans.
- Have a strong interest in environment and sustainability topics.
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
The European Solidarity Corps programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Floriana, or with host families
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport to/from Malta, up to a certain limit
- Monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
- In case of disabilities, funding is available for support (e.g. interpreters)
Send your application by filling in the online application form (in English) by end of day 1st May 2023. Only people who are shortlisted will be contacted. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) in the following weeks. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practices.