Friends of the Earth Malta (FoEM) is looking for a Circular Economy and Economic Justice Volunteer as part of our campaign team. This is an European Solidarity Corp (ERASMUS+/ESC) volunteering for 12 months, ideally starting from September 2022, although this can be negotiable. You will be working in collaboration with the FoE Malta team and will be line-managed by the Financial Controller. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed as part of the ESC programme.
FoEM is involved in various activities and projects related to the European Green Deal, Green Finance, Sustainability and Circular Economy. The organisation actively contributes in this area, developing knowledge in a fundamental sector for a just transition. The volunteer will be involved in FoEM work and will be able to grow their interest and expertise in the field. FoEM will offer the volunteer a unique opportunity to carry on an innovative set of tasks, allowing the volunteer to share their creativity and experience, which will eventually be integrated into policy proposals for the transition to a circular economy and a just economic system.
You will be responsible for achieving the goals set for the duration of 12 months as part of our team, together with other staff members and volunteers. Due to the nature of our office environment, being dynamic and having a diverse set of skills is essential. Duties will include:
- Implement a Green Procurement of goods and services internal policy
- Help Implementing the circularity, green procurement and green finance principles in the association’s financial statements and accountancy procedures
- Apply the principles of the European Green Deal in EU projects’ application and case studies.
- Follow matters related to the development of Circular Economy, Economic Justice, Green Finance and standards at ISO and EN level under the direction of the Financial Controller and liaising with international alliances (Friends of the Earth Europe/International and ECOS)
- General tasks related to the day to day running of the organisation that can be of interest of the volunteer.
Candidate should have at least a degree level of education. Knowledge of EU affairs and experience with EU projects will be considered an asset.
- Aged 18-30 (ESC requirement)
- A citizen of one of the partner or programme countries (ESC requirement – preferably from Hungary, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey though other countries may be assessed on one to one basis)
- Academic background in Economy, Finance or Accountancy
- Strong interest in environment and sustainability topics
- Knowledge of Green Finance and Circular Economy, Economic Justice and Green Deal principles
- Understanding of ISO and EN standards
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
The European Solidarity Corps programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Floriana, or with host families
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport to/from Malta, up to a certain limit
- Monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
- In case of disabilities, funding is available for support (e.g. interpreters)
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Friday 19th August 2022. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) the following week. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practice.