Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins(12 servings) Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes to curdle. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, canola oil, and the lemon juice and zest. Slowly add curdled soy milk, whisking while adding, until completely incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, folding in gently until just combined.
- Fill the muffin liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean. Set the muffins on a cooling rack to cool.
- Meanwhile whisk together the powered sugar and lemon juice. You may need to add a little extra lemon juice to get a thick and smooth consistency.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of glaze over each warm muffins then let the muffins continue cooling until completely cool.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This article reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.