Caramelised Bambinella SaladThere are many delicious recipes you can try with bambinella. You can use bambinelli in the same way that you would use pears. I
- 10 bambinelli
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 100g rucola (or other leafy greens, such as lettuce or baby spinach)
- 1 tablespoon of local honey (or agave)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or almonds)
- Ġbejna (skip this if you are vegan)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon of local honey (or agave)
- lemon juice/zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cut each bambinella into roughly 4 pieces, removing the core. Place these in a pan add the honey and lemon juice. Cover with a small amount of water and leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the bambinelli have softened. Feel free to add any spices that you think would compliment the salad. Once these are done, leave them for a while until they cool.
- While the bambinelli are simmering, make the dressing for the salad. I generally put all the ingredients in a glass jar, close the jar with a lid, and shake it until the liquids are well mixed.
- On a heated pan, place the walnuts or almonds, and toss until they start to brown. Once they do, remove from the heat and crush them lightly.
- Chop up the rucola or leafy greens and toss these with the nuts
- Top off the salad with the bambinelli, crumbled ġbejniet, drizzle the dressing and add a pinch of salt to taste…delicious!
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This article reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.This project is co-financed by the Ministry for Social Dialogue, Consumer Affairs, and Civil Liberties.