Friends of the Earth Malta (FoE Malta) is looking for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Event Coordinator to work on event coordination as part of our Climate Campaign. This is a temporary position for 8 months, from July 2022 until February 2023. You will be responsible for coordinating events, which will include an activist camp, a film festival and other events. You will be working in collaboration with the FoE Malta team and will be line-managed by the Climate Campaign Coordinator. The working hours and conditions are flexible and will be discussed further during the interview.
Read more about FoE Malta’s Climate Campaign here: www.foemalta.org/climate
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience organising events.
- Have an interest in climate change and other environmental issues.
- Have experience working with youths (16 – 35 years) (desired but not essential).
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment and able to work within a specific budget.
- Be flexible and can work on own initiative.
- Be able to work on weekends since some activities may be during the weekend.
- Have excellent people and communication skills.
- Be fluent in English. Knowledge of Maltese or another language is a plus.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Monday 20th June 2022. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) the following week. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practice.