Friends of the Earth Malta (FoE Malta) is looking for a part-time Garden Assitant approximately 8hrs/week) to work on a project running 1st October 2022 – 31st March 2023. The Garden Assistant will be working within a small team and will support the creation of a community garden in an urban area. The working conditions are flexible and will be discussed further during the interview.
You will be responsible for achieving the goals set by our projects, together with a group of volunteers. This is a busy and dynamic NGO environment where your duties will include:
- upkeep of the garden
- planning the community garden project
- helping in the organisation of educational activities
- coordinating with a group of volunteers to implement the project
- technical support to create the crop garden
- facilitation in the production of toolkits
- creating space for community integration and involvement
Candidate should be fluent in Maltese and English and have at least previous gardening experience.
The ideal candidate should:
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna
- Experienced in event organisation and hosting educational activities
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment
- Be flexible and can work on own initiative
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills
- Have experience working in the environmental field and especially have an understanding of agriculture both from a rural or a policy perspective with an interest and knowledge in food sovereignty
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta and be aware of the challenges and issues surrounding eNGOs.
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Friday 7th October 2022, quoting Ref: 2022-09. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview which will be held in Malta on the week between 10th October and 15th of October. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practice.