Deadline for Application: 31 Dec 2021
Expected Starting Date: 01 Feb 2022
Location: Based in Floriana, Malta.
Contract type: A full-time job contract for a period of 10/11 months with the possibility of an extension.
The position is initially for a duration of 10/11 months (to cover for an employee’s long-term leave) with the goal to extend to a permanent position if funding allows. Following that, you will support the team with the continuation of work on the FoEM exciting portfolio of projects until the end of 2022. The role involves working on diverse projects including EU and nationally funded projects. We are looking for an individual with experience in project management, ideally in an NGO setting, with a diverse skill set to be able to fully run and implement our projects. The job post will include a 1 month handover period.
- Coordinate FoEM’s projects including project planning, monitoring of implementation, that timeline are respected and that objective are reached;
- Take a leading role as main project manager on a few of FoEM’s projects including those that focus part on our food, agriculture & biodiversity campaign and our educational campaigns;
- Project budget management and financial reporting;
- Efficient communication with project partner, with project funders, and ensuring that narrative reporting for the project is done efficiently;
- Broad outreach and dissemination planning in relation to the project, including producing press releases and diverse online (social media) and offline communication materials like briefings, reports, studies, blog articles, infographics, videos, and op-eds, in close cooperation with communications colleagues;
- Coordinate activities and strategies with key allies when necessary;
- Organise and manage events outreach events in relation to the project including educational activities, exhibits, meetings with decision-makers, stakeholder events, and any other activities that are important for project implementation;
- Represent FoE Malta externally, including to the media and at external events;
- Support project fund applications and design projects to further our campaign work;
- Assist in any other duties and projects that FoE Malta is managing;
- Travel on project partner meetings when necessary.
Skills and Experiences
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar roles.
- Strong experience with the entire process of running EU funded projects, including project management, financial and narrative reporting and project evaluation. Ideally, experience with Erasmus+ KA2 projects.
- An understanding of reporting and basic accounting procedures including but limited to financial reporting, billing documents, producing and tracking invoices and processing timesheets. Good computer literacy including advanced working proficiency in Excel and good communication skills with the ability to communicate financial matters to staff and other members of the NGO.
- Experience with organising various public awareness activities and outreach events.
- Experience and understanding of project result dissemination on project communication plans.
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment.
- Be flexible and can work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Have experience working in the environmental field and especially have an understanding of agriculture both from a rural or a policy perspective with an interest and knowledge in food sovereignty.
- Motivation to exchange with and learn from colleagues.
- Ideally have experience in project application writing and fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge and fluency in Maltese is desirable.
- At least a degree level of education.
What we offer
- We offer a pro-rata salary within a range of €22k – 26.5k p.a. full-time equivalent.
- FoE Malta offers a motivating working environment in our Green Resource Centre in Floriana.
- Flexible working hours with working from home arrangements.
Friends of the Earth Malta welcomes candidates of all descriptions, regardless of age, sexual orientation, marital status, wealth, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, language, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, gender, pregnancy, parental status, change of sex, nationality, race, skin colour, ancestry, nationality, descent, national or ethnic or social origin. FoE Malta strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
Application Deadline: COB 31 Dec 2021
Interviews: 6/7 Jan 2022 with the potential of having 2nd interviews
Ideal Starting Date: 01 Feb 2022
Send your application by filling in the online application form. In the applications we expect:
- a CV (2 pages max)
- a cover letter (1 page max) outlining your motivation answering (i) why would you like this job? (ii) how do you meet the essential and desirable skills, including examples of your past work and experiences? (iii) what could you contribute to the FoE Malta team?