Deadline for Application: 12 Oct 2022
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
Location: Based in Floriana, Malta.
Contract type: 1 year definite contract with the possibility for extension. The job post is at 80% or 100% full-time equivalent i.e. between 32hrs to 40hrs/week (decision will be made following discussion with selected candidate).
Friends of the Earth Malta is currently running a diverse programme of educational projects, funded through the Erasmus+ programme for adult and youth education. We are looking for an individual with experience in project management, specifically Erasmus+ KA2 projects, who will be able to fully lead and implement the projects, and ensure the achievement of the intended project results.
- Take a leading role as main project manager on a few of FoEM’s projects including those that are part of our educational and food, agriculture & biodiversity campaign;
- Coordinate FoEM’s projects, including project planning, the delegation of tasks to project partners, monitoring of implementation, that timelines are respected and that overall project objective and results are reached;
- Efficient communication with project partners, with project funders, and ensuring that narrative reporting for the project is done efficiently;
- Attend and lead transnational project partner meetings (which will require travel) and online partner meetings;
- Broad outreach and dissemination planning in relation to the project, including producing press releases and diverse online (social media) and offline communication in close cooperation with the Communications team.
- Organise and manage outreach events in relation to the project including educational activities, meetings with decision-makers, stakeholder events, and any other activities that are important for project implementation;
- Ensure diligent project financial reporting with the support of a Finance Manager;
- Act as the organisation’s contact person with regard to Erasmus+ projects.
- Support project fund applications and design projects to further our campaign work;
- Assist in any other duties and projects that FoE Malta is managing;
Skills and Experiences
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar roles.
- Strong experience with the entire process of running EU-funded projects, including project management, financial and narrative reporting and project evaluation. Specifically, experience with Erasmus+ KA2 projects and ideally also experience with KA1 and ESC.
- An understanding of narrative reporting and the basic needs of financial reporting for Erasmus+ projects.
- Good computer literacy including advanced working proficiency in Excel and good communication skills with the ability to communicate financial matters to staff and other members of the NGO.
- Experience with organising various public awareness activities and outreach events.
- Experience and understanding of project result dissemination on project communication plans.
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment.
- Be flexible and can work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Motivation to exchange with and learn from colleagues.
- Ideally have experience in project application writing and fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- At least a degree level of education.
What we offer
- FoE Malta offers a motivating working environment in our Green Resource Centre in Floriana.
- Flexible working hours with working-from-home arrangements.
Friends of the Earth Malta welcomes candidates of all descriptions, regardless of age, sexual orientation, marital status, wealth, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, language, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, gender, pregnancy, parental status, change of sex, nationality, race, skin colour, ancestry, nationality, descent, national or ethnic or social origin. FoE Malta strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
Application Deadline: 12 Oct 2022 at 23:00
Interviews: 13-18 Oct 2022 with the potential of having 2nd interviews
Ideal Starting Date: 01 Nov 2022
Send your application by filling in the online application form. In the applications we expect:
- a CV (2 pages max)
- a cover letter (1 page max) outlining your motivation answering (i) why would you like this job? (ii) how do you meet the essential and desirable skills, including examples of your past work and experiences? (iii) what could you contribute to the FoE Malta team?