Deadline for Application: 12 Oct 2022
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
Location: Based in Floriana, Malta.
Contract type: 1-year definite contract with the intention to extend. The job post is at 40% of full-time equivalent i.e. 16hrs/week (number of hours is negotiable and a decision will be made following discussion with the selected candidate).
FoE Malta is running a diverse set of projects as part of its campaigns and is looking for a Finance Manager to manage the grants, overall operational budget and financial matters of the organisation. The person will report to the Director and will be managing a full-time Finance Assistant. The candidate will need to report to the office once a week and can work flexibly the remaining hours.
- Be responsible for the financial administration of project grants and advise FoEM Project Managers on project budget administration;
- Liaise with Director and Management Team in relation to finance and budget-related issues.
- Act as Finance Manager of funded project and provide financial management advice to project partners in the case that FoE Malta is the project coordinator;
- Liaise with funders with respect to project grants and reply to queries and requests for information from funding bodies;
- Oversee and streamline project financial reporting;
- Provide end-of-year financial reports.
- Maintain accounting and reporting systems through Xero.
- Issue payroll through Buddy, process and submit FS5 and FS7 payments.
- Ensure that payments are issued correctly and in time on behalf of the organisation
- Ensuring complete and concise financial reports when requested;
- Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed on time.
- Develop necessary internal policies relating to financial management, including tendering processes;
- Prepare annual perspective cash flow and budget for the organisation;
- Train staff, when necessary, on procurement, budgeting and other related matters to ensure overall consistency in project administration.
Skills and Experiences
- At least 2 years of experience in similar roles.
- Knowledge of relevant Maltese Law.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment.
- Be flexible and can work on your own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A degree level of education.
What we offer
- FoE Malta offers a motivating working environment in our Green Resource Centre in Floriana.
- Flexible working hours with working-from-home arrangements.
Friends of the Earth Malta welcomes candidates of all descriptions, regardless of age, sexual orientation, marital status, wealth, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, language, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, gender, pregnancy, parental status, change of sex, nationality, race, skin colour, ancestry, nationality, descent, national or ethnic or social origin. FoE Malta strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
Application Deadline: 12 Oct 2021 at 23:00.
Interviews: 17-28 Oct 2022 with the potential of having 2nd interviews
Ideal Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Send your application by filling in the online application form. In the applications we expect:
- a CV (2 pages max)
- a cover letter (1 page max) outlining your motivation answering (i) why would you like this job? (ii) how do you meet the essential and desirable skills, including examples of your past work and experiences? (iii) what could you contribute to the FoE Malta team?