We are hosting a Zero Waste Christmas workshop at Friends of the Earth the 12th of December. Make your Christmas greener by created everything you need.
THE WORKSHOP WILL START AT 18:00 to 21:00 at Friends of the Earth Malta. FREE ENTRANCE.
The idea is to make everything you need for your this festive day through loads of different activities.
We will be doing our best to get things together so that you don’t have to bring too many things with you from home. However, we do appreciate if you could get the items with you where indicates.
👕Clothes swap 👗
Sometimes we are a bit bored with what’s in our wardrobe, or clothes we used to wear do not fit us anymore. The best remedy to this situation is to SWAP THOSE CLOTHES! We will be hosting a clothes swap. Get a maximum of 5 items with you and you will get a token per item, which will allow you to swap with any other item brought by other people to our swap shop 💛
What to Get:
Maximum of 5 items with you (like t-shirt, sweater, trousers, dresses, bags, hat…). Make sure they are in good conditions (i.e. no stains, no holes, and that are pretty enough for others to wear them and give them a new home). Make sure items are washed as well. Clothes for any gender are welcome!
💫 Upcycling 💫 Magically transforming trash to treasure!
We will be making:
- an amazing wallet with milk and juice cartons. What to Get: 1 to 3 cartons (juice or milk cartons).
- Wooden planters. What to Get: Seeds.
- Pallet wood Christmas tree.
- Christmas decorations and ornamental items. What to Get: tree branch, wild flowers (make sure they’re not protected species) or decorations you already have and don’t want anymore to upcycle them.
- Drawstring bags for veggie or Christmas bags. What to Get: old fabrics.
🏠 Home Products & Cosmetics 💄
We can create a lot of household cleaning and decorative items as well as beauty products out of common material. We are planning to do the following (time permitting!)
- Body sponge. What to Get: old t-shirt with long sleeves or socks.
- Lip balm.What to Get: small containers.
- Body and face scrub. What to Get: 1 jar, coffee grind and lemon rind, essential oils that you like.
- Make your home cleaner. What to Get: Essential oils (ex: tea tree for its antibacterial properties and add something else for fragrance), spray bottle, small funnel, strainer (so no little bits clog the spray bottle nozzle), large jar for the peels to infuse with the vinegar.
- Beewax wrap. What to Get: Fabrics Scraps (make sure they are big enough to be used as wraps)
- With Furoshiki method. What to Get: cotton fabric (like kitchen towels or old t-shirts) or silk scarves, and some decorations. Be creative!
- With the Christmas bags you created at the upcycling workshop.
☕🍪We will have FREE tea, coffees. Wine and beers by donation. Get some snacks and things to share!
More info coming soon!