As part of its growth and development, Friends of the Earth Malta is looking for a part time Finance Administrator.
Friends of the Earth is Malta's voice of an international network of grassroots groups in 75 countries campaigning on social and environmental issues in the world.
You will be responsible for achieving the goals set by our projects, together with a group of volunteers. This is a busy and dynamic NGO environment where your duties will include: keeping financial records; media communications; membership recruitment; and coordinating volunteers. Knowledge of web communications is essential. Some travel to other EU countries might be required as part of this job.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Finance Administrator, please send your curriculum vitae and a letter outlining why you are interested in the job and how you meet the requirements outlined below. Include names of two referees who we can contact if you are the successful candidate.
Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview which will be held in Malta in July.
Friends of the Earth's recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practice.
FoE Malta is looking for a Finance Administrator who will provide reception, secretarial, administrative and accounting support for its projects and activities, as may be required for the effective and efficient operation of the Friends of the Earth Office.
The abilities required to carry out these functions are:
- Sound experience in financial management of small sized organisations including an understanding of fundraising.
- General accounting procedures including but limited to financial reporting, billing documents, producing and tracking invoices and processing timesheets. Good computer literacy including advanced Excel skills and good communication skills with the ability to communicate financial matters to key non-financial staff.
- An awareness of the challenges associated with effectively being an employee of an NGO including an understanding of and respect for organisational governance and disciplines of the NGO sector
- An ability and inclination to seek the views of others, a respect for their views, needs and agenda, and an inclination to collaborate with others in the search for solutions and actions
Whilst it would be crucial for you to have all of the above it would also be advantageous to have some of the following:
- Previous experience related to the running the day to day operations of a small office and managing projects, including reporting and organising activities.
- Although expertise in environmental issues is not required, an understanding of the subject will be considered a plus
- An ability to communicate in a wide range of situations such as media briefings and project activities to a wide range of audiences
- Fluency in both English and Maltese will be a plus.
- A valid driving license and own transport
Employment terms and conditions
- Conditions according to Maltese legislation
- The appointee is expected to work at such places and during such hours as may be determined by the steering committee of the platform.
The selection procedure will involve:
- A scrutiny of qualifications and experience claimed and supported by testimonials and/or certificates (copies to be included with the application); and
- An interview and / or extended interview.
This is a part-time position with a one year contract with the possibility of extending the contract.