Friends of the Earth Malta (FoE Malta) is looking for a Project Assistant to work on our Climate Campaign. This is a temporary position for 8 months, from July 2022 until February 2023. You will be supporting the Climate Campaign team with policy analysis, communications, project management and event organisation. You will be working in collaboration with the FoE Malta team and will be line-managed by the Climate Campaign Coordinator. The working conditions are flexible and will be discussed further during the interview.
Read more about FoE Malta’s Climate Campaign here: www.foemalta.org/climate
You will be responsible for achieving the goals set for a project with a duration of 8 months as part of our Climate Campaign, together with other staff members and volunteers. Since the NGO team is currently small, being dynamic and having a diverse set of skills is essential. Duties will include: Organizing of events, policy analysis, media communications; advocacy work, project management and reporting. Knowledge of web communications is essential.
Candidate should have at least a degree level of education. Knowledge of EU affairs and experience with EU projects will be considered an asset.
- Have experience working in the environmental field, in particular on topics related to climate change.
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment.
- Be flexible and can work on own initiative.
- Be able to work on weekends since some activities may be during the weekend.
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills.
- Be able to manage EU funds and local projects.
- Have excellent people and communication skills.
- Have experience in advocacy campaigns and movement building tactics and strategies focused on environmental or social justice objectives (desired but not essential).
- Be fluent in English. Knowledge of Maltese or another language is a plus.
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta.
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Monday 20th June 2022. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview (either in person or online) the following week. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practice.