Friends of the Earth Malta (FoE Malta) is looking for a part-time temporary Project Assistant to work on some of our exciting projects on a contract basis. The Project Assistant will be working within a small team and will support the implementation of projects. The working conditions are flexible and will be discussed further during the interview.
You will be responsible for achieving the goals set by our projects, together with staff members and volunteers. Since the NGO team is currently small, being dynamic and having a diverse set of skills is essential; duties will include: Organizing of educational events; media communications; project reporting and preparation of quotations/invoices. Knowledge of web communications is essential. Some travel to other EU countries might be required as part of this job.
Candidate should be fluent in Maltese and English and have at least a degree level of education. Knowledge in EU affairs and experience with EU projects will be considered an asset.
- Be organised and meticulous with a high degree of commitment
- Be flexible and can work on own initiative
- Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes and have excellent people and communication skills
- Be able to manage EU funds and local projects
- Have experience working in the environmental field and especially have an understanding of agriculture both from a rural or a policy perspective with an interest and knowledge in food sovereignty
- Have experience in advocacy campaigns and movement building tactics and strategies focused on environmental or social justice objectives (desired but not essential)
- Affinity with the vision and values of Friends of the Earth Malta and be aware of the challenges and issues surrounding eNGOs.
Send your application by filling in the online application form by noon Friday 1st June 2018. Eligible candidates will be invited to an interview which will be held in Malta in June 2018. Friends of the Earth’s recruitment and selection procedure is firmly based on equal opportunities best practice.